Saturday, March 7, 2015

Nine Days in Athens- Day 9- Seeing, but not everything

 
 I drew from memory a Roma mother with three sons, that I saw in the metro earlier this afternoon. Yesterday, I came across another Roma family with a toddler having a tantrum next to a kiosk. She was wailing but it was pretty obvious that the tears were fury at her parents for not buying her some treat or other. As I walked on there was a woman glaring at the scene from inside a small car. On the car's door there was a sign : 'For the parents whose eyes see everything'.  (I am absolutely certain I was not that kind of parent)rt

2 comments:

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Annamaria, this series of drawings is so wonderful! I fully expect New Yorker magazine to come calling on you!!

annamaria potamiti said...

Dear Gloria, what a sweet comment!! Thank you my friend:-))